The ORA Student Exchange program is open to both undergraduate and graduate students in one of the participating Ontario Universities. To participate in this program, students must:
- be enrolled as a full time degree student in one of the participating Ontario universities;
- have completed a minimum of 2 years of the recognized degree, have a high academic standing;
- have sufficient language skills in French;
- and be willing to study abroad for a minimum of one term or a maximum of two terms as a non-degree student. It is important to note that the receiving institutions will determine admission and the length of stay; the sending instituions will determine the recognition of credits in fulfillment of degree requirements at home.
Students are nominated by their home university based on that institution’s selection processes and criteria. The prospective host university is responsible for deciding whether to admit students and at what level (graduate or undergraduate).
It is understood that participating students:
- will pay tuition at their home university and will be exempt from paying tuition at the host university. However, host universities may charge certain incidental administrative fees;
- will be responsible for their expenses abroad, including travel, room and board, health and accident insurance, and other living expenses;
- are responsible for all aspects — academic, legal, medical, etc. — of their participation in the program;
- and are responsible for arranging any transfer of credits to their home university.
Canadian students and Residents of Canada are eligible for an ORA Scholarship of $2500 if participating for 2 semesters and $1600 if participating for 1 semester. International Students are not eligible to receive an ORA scholarship.
For more information contact the International Office of your institution, read the FAQs, and navigate through this site.